If you are seeing this error on the email address that you have entered for your dashboard access invite, this means that the email you have entered is already being used for a Empower dashboard.
There are a few options to resolve this issue:
- Advise your invitee to log in to their dashboard and change their email address for the existing dashboard
- Use an alternate email for your invitee (make sure you use an email address they have access to!)
- If your invitee is using gmail, you can add a period in your email to create an email alias that sends emails to their same email address (e.g. if their current address is email@example.com, you can enter firstname.lastname@example.org and they will receive messages sent to both addresses in their original account)
- For gmail, outlook, and iCloud email addresses, you can also insert a "+" before the "@" in their email to achieve the same effect (e.g. you can create an alias for email@example.com by entering firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Your invitee can also delete their Empower Dashboard to free that email for use as a Joint Owner. Keep in mind that this will permanently delete that dashboard and we will not be able to undo this action.
If you still have trouble sending the invitation, please contact support.