Yes! You can invite an additional owner to your existing Cash account on your Empower Personal Dashboard, or, the Empower Personal mobile app.
- Note: Once a Cash account becomes a joint account, you cannot revert the Cash account back to an individual account, or, remove the joint owner.
Adding a Joint Owner on the Empower Personal Dashboard
1. Select your Cash account on the Dashboard.
2. Click the Manage Account drop-down, followed by the "Add Account Owner" option.
Adding a Joint Owner on the Empower Personal mobile app
1. Select the Cash account
2. Tap the 3 dot menu (top-right), and click "Account Information".
3. Click "Ownership Type", and select the "Joint Account" option.
Okay, what's next?
From there you will be able to enter the information about your joint owner. If this person is already added to your household list on the Dashboard, they will show up in the dropdown list. Otherwise you can add them by selecting "Add New".
You will be prompted to enter their Email, Phone Number, and Relationship to You; make sure that the email address entered for the joint owner is not tied to an existing Empower Personal Dashboard. An invite will be sent to your joint owner at the email you enter, so make sure you have the email correct!
Once the invite is accepted, and your joint invitee has completed/submitted their portion of the joint Cash application, your joint owner will be able to add funds to the Cash account.
I'm getting an error about the email address for my joint owner. What can I do?
Please click this Link for how to proceed with inviting your joint owner.
Still have questions on inviting a joint owner?
Please email us at email@example.com to connect with a real person who can help.