As part of the acquisition of E*Trade by Morgan Stanley, existing E*Trade accounts will be assigned a new account number by E*Trade. This will roll out to users in phases and the change will begin on March 10, 2023.
If you have an existing E*Trade account, you will need to take a few steps to ensure that your account continues updating in your Empower Personal Dashboard once you receive your new account number.
- In your Empower Personal Dashboard, click the Add Account button (+)
- Search for E*Trade
- If your account is an E*Trade Employee Stock Plan account, select E*Trade Employe Stock Plans
- Otherwise, search for E*Trade from Morgan Stanley
- Enter your login credentials as normal. This will pull in your account under the new account number
- Once the new account is linked, mark the old account as closed. Use the date that the "new" account is linked as the close date to maintain your historical data and ensure that there is no gap in your balance for this account.
For more information about these changes, please see the FAQ page on the E*Trade Site: https://us.etrade.com/l/broadridge-conversion/faqs